Explorations Into Brain Aging
Start date: August 1, 2020.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral fellowship under the direction of Professor Randy Buckner in the Department of Psychology at Harvard University. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to contribute to research exploring brain aging that includes extensive measurements of the brain structure and function collected through neuroimaging and analysis of existing data sets to chart normal and clinical brain aging. Work will be conducted within the Harvard Center for Brain Science.
Strong applicants will have:
- A background in neuroscience, statistics, genetics or computer science.
- Experience using advanced statistical and modeling approaches to neuroimaging data analysis.
- Extensive background in data analysis including overcoming statistical challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects as evidenced by first-author publications.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Programming skills (Matlab, Python, R, SPM, FSL, AFNI, or similar platforms).
- Data visualization skills.
The term of the appointment is two years with possible renewal depending on extramural funding. To apply, please submit a CV, cover letter that describes research interests, and a list of three references to Randy Buckner by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.